How to connect Chamsys MagicQ and Realizzer
In this tutorial I will show you how to connect Chamsys MagicQ and Realizzer. Realizzer is a new pre-visualizzation software made by Syncronorm GmbH that allows you to create photo realistic designs and instantly view your light show in real-time on your PC. The software has a comprehensive library with many 3D models included such as Truss, Decorations and Stages etc.. With the Pro, Ultimate and Studio versions you have also the possibility to simulate complete laser and video installations (Lasergraph DSP & Pangolin Support).
There are two ways to connect Realizzer and MagicQ: first using Microsoft Loopback Adapter, second using your network card, setting the IP address of your PC.
SOLUTION 1 using Microsoft LoopBack Adapter
STEP 1: MICROSOFT LOOPBACK ADAPTER
First you need to install on your PC the Loopback Adapter network connection.
I will show you how it works with windows 7 and 8.
1. go to “Start”
2. Run Cmd as administrator (right click on CMD and select “Run as Administrator”)
3. From the command prompt enter “hdwwiz.exe”
4. Select “Install the hardware that I manually select from a list (Advanced)“
5. From the list select “Network Adapters“
6. Select the manufacturer “Microsoft” and the in right column “Microsoft Loopback Adapter“.
Windows 8 users: wait for the network cards window and select “Microsoft”, then on the right columns “Microsoft KM-TEST Loopback Adapter“
7. Press Next and, once the installation is complete, check that everything is ok clicking with the right mouse button on the “Computer” in the Start menu or on the desktop, and selecting Properties.
Check: Device Manager – Network Adapter – Microsoft Loopback Adapter
7a. Windows 8 users: right click on windows icon in the bottom-left of the screen and select “devices”.
STEP 2 – MagicQ CONFIGURATION
1. Download this file, is the magicQ show that contains the patch you will need for the demo within Realizzer, and copy it inside the show folder of MagicQ (usually C:\Program Files (x86)\ChamSys Ltd\MagicQ PC\show)
2. Open MagicQ, and press “CANCEL” on the welcome window
3. Click on Setup (1), View Settings (2) and select Load Show (3)
4. Confirm and choose demorealizzer.shw file
5. Now you have to setup your network preferences and universes to allow connection with Realizzer
Press Setup (1), View Settings (2), select Network (3) and set
– Send to Applications on this PC=Yes;
– IP address 127.0.0.1
– Subnet address 0.0.0.0
5. Now set DMX universes
Press Setup (1), View DMX I/O (2) move to the Visualizer row and select
Visualizer = Wysiwyg same PC or remote PC for the first 4 universes (3).
STEP 4 – REALIZZER CONFIGURATION
1. Open Realizzer, and select Jands Vista Demo
2. Select Input – DMX Input – ArtNET
3. Select Input – Network Setting and set ArtNET Network = Software Loopback Interface 1 127.0.0.1
4. Press Apply and restart Realizzer
5. Select Jands Vista demo and test it.