How to connect Chamsys MagicQ and Capture Polar
In this tutorial i’ll show you how to connect in Microsoft systems, onPC version of Chamsys MagicQ and Capture Polar both on same PC.
STEP 1 – DOWNLOAD DEMO PACK FROM CAPTURE SWEDEN WEB SITE
I used the demo pack from Capture Sweden. You can download it here
Capture.shw have to be moved in Program File/Chamsys Ltd/show/demos.
Awards v.2.10.19.exe can be moved everywhere inside your Pc.
STEP 2 – INSTALLING MICROSOFT LOOPBACK ADAPTER (only if you are not connected to Lan or Wi-Fi network)
If your PC is not connected to the LAN or Wi-Fi network, first you need to install on your PC the Loopback Adapter network connection.
I will show you how it works with windows 7 and 8.
1. go to “Start”
2. Run Cmd as administrator (right click on CMD and select “Run as Administrator”)
3. From the command prompt enter “hdwwiz.exe”
4. Select “Install the hardware that I manually select from a list (Advanced)“
5. From the list select “Network Adapters“
6. Select the manufacturer “Microsoft” and the in right column “Microsoft Loopback Adapter“. Windows 8 users: wait for the network cards window and select “Microsoft”, then on the right columns “Microsoft KM-TEST Loopback Adapter“
7. Press Next and, once the installation is complete, check that everything is ok clicking with the right mouse button on the “Computer” in the Start menu or on the desktop, and selecting Properties.
Check: Device Manager – Network Adapter – Microsoft Loopback Adapter
7a. Windows 8 users: right click on windows icon in the bottom-left of the screen and select “devices”.
STEP 3 – MagicQ CONFIGURATION
1. Open MagicQ, and press “CANCEL” on the welcome window
2. Click on Setup (1), View Settings (2) and select Load Show (3)
3. Confirm and select Demos folder and choose capture.shw file.
4. Now you’ve to setup the network preferences and universes to allow connection with Capture Polar
Press Setup (1), View Settings (2), select Network (3) and set
Send to Applications on this PC=Yes (4).
5. Now set DMX universes
Press Setup (1), View DMX I/O (2) move to the Visualizer row and select
Visualizer = capture (same PC) for the first 3 universes (3).
FASE 4 – CONCLUSIONS
Now you can run the demo file Awards v.2.10.19.exe. Raise the first fader on playback 1 (par chases) in MagicQ. You should see the PAR cans start to chase on the Capture Polar virtual stage.
If you need more info, download the guide here
Soon the tutorial for connections with Capture Polar on different PCs.